The Toronto Heschel School, an innovative Jewish Day School for Junior Kindergarden – Grade 8, is Looking to Hire a Full-Time Bookkeeper.
- General ledger, daily, monthly and annual requirements
- Prepare for the year end audit
- Budget v.s. actual reporting
- Accounts Receivable
- Control tuition and miscellaneous payments
- Accounts Payable
- Prepare payments (cheque and online) for authorized invoices
- Complete and control all payroll functions (Ceridian)
- Banking, PayPal, Pre-authorized payments, and Credit Card processing
- Assist with tuition subsidy applications
- CRM database
- Enter information into database
- Prepare donation tax receipts
- Prepare and submit government forms including HST filings
- Maintain staff/HR files
- Work with Management
- Thorough working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Adapt to school’s database
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Superior organizational and time management skills for filing and record keeping.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and written, in English, with respect.
- Multi-task with ease and professionalism.
- Perform tasks assigned within the realm of the function as well as assist with other departments if required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
Experience in the Jewish day school system and/or a not for profit environment would be beneficial.
This is a full-time position with an early end-time on Fridays and vacation on all Jewish, statutory and civic holidays that we have off as a school, as well as any other times when we are closed.
Candidates should send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your salary expectation.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT THE TORONTO HESCHEL SCHOOL
- An Innovative Jewish Day School with classes from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8
- Pluralistic and Egalitarian within Halakhah
- Implementing integrated Jewish/General Studies Curricula
- Employing Arts-based curricula & methods
- Dedicated to a collaborative teaching model
- Committed to Teaching for Understanding (Harvard University model)
- Committed to a strong environmental ethos